Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma is a very rare form of adenocarcinoma, a type of malign cancer. The malignancy is known for attacking and destroying the DNA and also attacks other parts of the Human Body. The other parts of the human body are commonly respiratory organs along with the Head and breast to be specific. Also known as malignant cylidroma causes disperse in the bloodstream. A very dangerous disease Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma can spread at a rapid speed and cause immense Physical stress along with mental trauma.
Symptoms of Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma
Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma is not so common among the patients, but it becomes really tough to control the disease if it encounters. However, initial signs and symptoms can be helpful to diagnose the disease and take treatment at an early stage. It is, therefore, very important to understand the symptoms and signs of the disease.
- Sores start appearing on the face and on the Salivary Glands of the mouth. This can be treated as one of the earliest signs of the Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma.
- The Sores at the later stage of time and start spreading all across the body. The sores reach substantial growth and start affecting the nerve cells. It can lead to total collapse of Nervous System and the Paralysis. It also causes severe pain in the body.
- The Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma slowly spreads to an area like Throat and even lungs. That causes a problem in respiration and breathing problems. If the Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma reaches Lungs then, it can be life threatening for the patient.
- Physical Stress and tiredness become very common with the diseases as fatigue starts engulfing the patient.
- Due to the effect on the nervous system, nervousness, anxiety and hypertension became very common and considered as one of the major symptoms of Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma.
- The sores become large and take the form of the cancerous tumour all over the body.
- The sudden weight loss is another major symptom along with the change in the mole size if any in the body.
If any patient is facing such symptoms then, it is advisable to visit the nearest doctor as soon as possible and take proper medical attention before it becomes too late.
Causes of Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma
The cause of any form of cancer is highly unexpected and dubious in nature. The major reason of the Cancer is known as Cancerous genes or commonly Onco Genes. However, the doctors say that the major reason of the very rare disease can be the lifestyle of any individual. Fast foods, lazy lifestyle like not doing physical exercise, consumption of food with a large amount of fat and especially trans-fat can be the reasons for the disease. It is said that, avoiding these kinds of food items can reduce the chances of Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma.
Treatment of Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma
Like many others form of cancer, Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma does not have any permanent treatment solutions. The treatment of the life threatening disease however depends upon the condition and the stage of the patient. The exact location of the cancerous tumour is also another factor that controls the treatment procedure.
The main treatment methods for the Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma are though Radio Therapy, Chemo Therapy and Surgery. The disease does not depend upon the genetic activities but can impair DNA in the body. Therapy is the most common form of treatment. However, if the disease is identified at an early stage of time then surgery can achieve good success. But late diagnosis can be life threatening for the patient.
Prognosis of Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma
The Prognosis of Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma is largely dependent on the stage and the location of the disease. A patient with locally recurrent Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma has a high rate of survival and respond better to the treatment. However, if the tumour has spread all across the body then it is difficult to control Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma, and it becomes life threating. According to the doctors, at an early stage, the survival rate of Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma is quite high but spreading across the body reduces it to one third.
However, early diagnosis and treatment might help the patient to survive for 5-10 years of time. However, the result of the treatment depends upon the patient, the condition and the stage of the Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma.
Pictures of Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma
Histology specimen of Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma
- Amelanotic Melanoma – Pictures, Symptoms, Prognosis
- Tonsil Cancer – Pictures, Symptoms, Survival Rate, Staging, Prognosis
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma in Situ – Pictures, Treatment, Symptoms
- Neuroendocrine Cancer – Symptoms, Treatment, Prognosis, Survival Rate
- Tongue Cancer Pictures, Symptoms, Treatment, Prognosis, Survival Rate
- Trichoepithelioma – Pictures, Treatment, Symptoms, Causes
- Gum Cancer – Pictures, Symptoms, Signs, Treatment, Complications
Leave a Reply